SERVES 4 AS ONE OF 4-5 ROBATA DISHES
50g unslated butter
1 tsp shichimi chilli powder
1 tsp kimchi chilli sauce
350-400g free range or organic sirloin steak
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the chilli butter, mix the soft butter with the chilli powder and sauce, then place on a piece of cling film (plastic wrap) and mould to a 1 x cm square.
- Place in a freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Start your grill. Season the steak with salt and pepper, then grill on each side for 2 minutes, turning twice until medium-rare,the steak should be soft to the touch and bounce back.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes
- Slice into bite-sized pieces and thin slices of the ice-cold butter.